Pumpkin Fun 南瓜樂 (sumi-e by Tai Oi Yee)
Gearing up for Halloween. Just thought I’d give it a fusion twist and paint the pumpkins with Chinese ink and colour on rice paper.
About inkwashpaintingFollow the heart…go with the flow That’s how I paint, that’s how I live. My sumi paintings are essentially monochromatic. I find boundless freedom in expressing myself through different shades of black, white and grey. I love to use minimal strokes capturing the essence while leaving enough white space for the viewer’s imagination. That stems from the Taoist thinking – sometimes not doing anything is action in itself. You can read more about me at my website: http://www.oystudio.com 戴愛兒 - 簡約寫意水墨畫
- Sit and Watch the Rising Clouds
- Year of the Rooster
- The Seal I carved for the New Year
- Chinese Calligraphy for Year of the Rooster
- Heart Sutra Calligraphy 心經
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Toronto Zoo selling my Limited Edition Prints
- Panda Decals
- Another Scroll Collected By The Toronto Zoo